Memories, stories, and recollections from the lives of Leslie Nephi and Nora Cox Fielding, Dedicat

Friday, April 11, 2014

The Lost Was Found

THE LOST WAS FOUND


Leslie journal entry: “Shortly after I learned to walk, I came up missing.  The neighbors (which may have included Nora’s parents) were called in to search up and down the nearby creek and around the neighborhood.  Finally, the miscreant (me) was found, not in the least aroused over the fracas.  I was curled up in the wood box kept near the kitchen stove, sound asleep.”

Les and Nora moved to their first farm by (you guessed it,) Little Sand Creek.  He wrote, “I have moved around this world so little that my boy (Leslie Delray) had to be watched and kept from the same east branch of Sand Creek that I myself tantalized my mother about.”

From Marcene:  We have a lost child story.  One day three year old David was missing.  Brad was home, and together we searched everywhere. We lived by Little Cottonwood Creek, and although it was fenced, it was of big concern.  Bob was at work, we called him in panic, and were ready to call the police.  Fortunately, Brad took one more look in his closet and moved his sleeping bag around.  There was sleeping David, who had crawled deep in the bag for a nap.

Does your family have a lost child story? We’d like to hear it.



No comments:

Post a Comment